1. Can you control the bar temperature?
Yes, you can control the temperature of the bars with the valve.
2. Are the Raze heated handlebars compatible with hand guards?
Yes, our heated bars work with all hand guards including thread-in insert guards.
3. What if I want to cold start by bike?
We offer a secondary bypass line that want to shut their valves 100% and want to cold start their bike. This is not required as long as the valve is cracked on initial cold start. Click here to add to your order.
4. Can I run my Trail Tech Sensor and the heated bars at the same time?
Yes, but you will need to purchase this adaptor to extend the Trail Tech sensor out far enough to use. This is an accessory item and must be purchased separately. It is not included in the handlebar kit.
5. Can I run your heated handle bars, my Trail Tech Sensor and a carb heater at the same time?
No, there are not enough ports to run all three.
6. I already have a thermostat. Do I have to use the one that comes with the kit?
We recommend you use the thermostat supplied with the kit. There are too many variations of thermostats and fittings for us to say 100% you can use your own. If you have mechanical experience and are willing to try contact us to order a kit without the thermostat.
7. Are the bars weaker than stock bars?
No. We used a third-party testing company to test the strength of our bars. There is no reduction in strength or durability. Click here to read the testing report.
8. What happens if you break or bend the bars in a crash?
If you hit something hard enough to bend our bars far enough to open them up you will most likely be taking a helicopter ride home or the bike will be close to totaled. If for some freak incident you actually broke one and needed to get home you would take a 9/16, 14mm, or pair of pliers. Remove the line from the handlebars that comes off the thermostat and hook it directly to the return coupler bypassing the handlebars. Then fill the radiator with water to get home.
9. Can the bars come as a Ricky Carmichael bend?
Yes, put that in the description at checkout.
10. Can the handlebars be customized?
Yes, our bars can easily be mounted onto a snowmobile with a 7/8” to 1 1/8” bar adapter which we sell. This is an accessory item and much be purchased separately.
11. Does the direction of water flow matter in the bars?